May 15, 2008

BTT: Manual Labor Redux

From Booking through Thursday:

Scenario: You’ve just bought some complicated gadget home . . . do you read the accompanying documentation? Or not?

Do you ever read manuals?

How-to books?

Self-help guides?

Anything at all?


Some things I read the manual first, but usually I only resort to reading the manual if I can't figure it out by trial and error. Or if something stops working. As for how-to books, I don't often read those. I went through a cookbook phase for a while, but that didn't last long. I rarely read self-help books, except for career-improvement ones (another phase a while ago).

1 comment:

Literary Feline said...

I'm afraid I have little patience for learning by trial and error and so I always try and read the manual first.

I have a couple of career improvement type books on my shelf, but I haven't read them yet. I always seem to push them to the bottom of the pile . . .